Sunday, August 19, 2007

Wanted - volunteers.

Ola! (and that's all the Spanish I know. No hablo espanol!)

Yes, we have the Traffic Police's approval.
No, we don't have enough volunteers.... yet!

We need a minimum of 50 volunteers per week - 10 per day (morning and evening).
As of now we have 17 volunteers. The slated launch date is 21st Aug - Tuesday. I'm really hoping that we get more volunteers. You do want the traffic to get better, right?

Why don't you join in? Please send me an email on sikhoya [at] gmail [dot] com if you'd like to volunteer.

6 comments:

Swaroop said...

Excellent Initiative you guys.. I will want to volunteer on some day.. but definitely can't for now..

And p.s - I don't use the left lane if i have to go straight..

Sameer said...

Thanks, Swaroop. Good to know that you follow lane discipline. We do need more volunteers, so let me know when you want to join in.

kiraN said...

very gud.

b4 doin all these, ask ur cab drivers to leave left lane.
send requests to all companies to follow this.
not only cabs and autos, even buses also coming into left lane if they hav to go straight.

my personal request: plz ask ur drivers to take slow left turn at Softsol building wen u r heading towards Infotech & VIT Park.

Thank You,
Kiran

kiraN said...

btw, I too wanna b part in dis.

ch33r5 :)

Sameer said...

Hi Kiran
I have passed on your feedback to our Operations department. Thanks!
Please let me know when you'd like to volunteer.

Sameer

Jo.One said...

awesome initiative.. I'm happy you came forward and implemented something that i have been planning to do for a while. I've noticed the huge vinyl posters and the volunteers stationed at CT junction. I'd like to volunteer as well.. Will mail you when I'm ready for that.
But a few other things that I wanted to point out, besides "Free the left lane", that need attention. Can you also manage putting up posters that say "Please don't honk unnecessarily" and "Do not overtake" or "Drive in your lanes". These things while commuting on the hyd roads have made me prone to hypertension, which is why I wanted to do something about the traffic.