Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nominated for the Pepsi MTV Youth Icon 2008 Awards.

I have been nominated for the Pepsi MTV Youth Icon 2008 Awards. This was for the Free The Left Lane project. I had also won the Special Jury Award at the first CNN-IBN Citizen Journalist Awards in the 'Be The Change' Category.

I think the entire IT community should feel proud of this nomination, because it was a coordinated effort that included techies from different IT companies and it was only their dedication that made this project a success. This project was to show the people that if rules are followed on the road, driving can be a much better experience. I hope this gives a “normal”, “common” techie the inspiration that he too can bring about a change by getting up and taking charge of the problems faced by the society/city/country. Believe me, if you give up without a fight, then nothing will ever improve, but if you firmly believe in making a difference, then you certainly can – one citizen at a time!

I am one of the 30 nominees from all over India and the top 8 nominees (by votes) will be chosen as the Youth Icons and will have their faces printed on special edition Pepsi Cans. Getting nominated for the Youth Icon Awards itself is a big honour, but I'd also like to finish in the top 8 and for that I need your votes.

Online voting: Please vote for me here: http://www.mtvyouthicon.in.com/nominee.php?id=46566

Via SMS: SMS Icon SM” to 56882 i.e. “Icon SM” to 56882

Spread the word! :)

2 comments:

Swathi Bellavi said...

Hey... just saw ur nomination on the MTV page...
I must say
Dreams do come true if u have the will to pursue it with ur truest intentions!! Congrts...Will definitely vote for u!!

Sameer said...

Hi Swathi

Thank you for your kind words.
Drive safe! :)


Regards
Sameer