Monday, July 9, 2007

Well, well. Another person trying to make the traffic better in Hyderabad?

Yes! I know. You're like "Haven't we seen all this before? A techie suddenly decides to make things better in the world by using blogs and "web 2.0".

Actually, I'm not out to make traffic better in Hyderabad. No sir, we need Mahatma Gandhi for that. Right now, I just want to make the traffic better in Madhapur, more specifically, at the Cyber Towers junction. Reason: most of the folks who drive around this place are educated and are working in IT companies. They have the same feelings that I have every morning- angry, helpless, wondering why they didn't start 30 mins earlier to beat the traffic. So there is a good chance that these same people would want to try to make the traffic better. My fellow techies would also be in a position to force their company's cab drivers to drive responsibly.

We can start with one small change at a time. The first change really has to be to keep the left lane free for people wanting to turn left. It's simple, but can it be done?
Just follow lane driving rules around the Cyber towers area. Let me see if I can take few photos tomorrow that will help us all understand why I ask that you keep the left lane free.

Looking forward to all the help I can get from fellow techies. Hyderabad traffic is not something that only one person can influence.

1 comment:

Neha said...

Real nice one. I hope and pray that some revolution like this happens on the Indian roads, more specifically, Hyderabad. I don’t drive, but I do realize the essence of intelligent driving, driving aimed to make everyone’s ride on the road smoother. It’s difficult to enforce rules but not quite to educate. Some dos and don’ts of driving advertised locally might help a great deal.