Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Witnessed an accident near IIPM, Hyderabad

A man riding a new red Pulsar bike had an accident right in front of my car this morning at around 945 AM, near the IIPM building in Erramanzil, Banjara Hills. The man is safe.

A white Maruti 800 came in from the wrong side of the road and was attempting to cross over to the left hand side. The bike hit the car head on. He was helped by the folks standing around there. I helped pick up his bike which was BADLY damaged. The petrol tank was dented - the dent was a good 10 inches long and 2 inches deep. Can you imagine what would have happened had the tank not taken the brunt of the collision. The rider was wearing a helmet, that is why he is still walking. Trust me, I saw the accident and there is no way the rider could have escaped if he were not wearing a helmet.

The rider works in Ernst and Young. So if you know anyone working in E&Y, please let pass this information on to them. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get his name or phone number. A gentleman in a white Maruti Zen volunteered to take the rider to Care Hospital. Many thanks to the Good Samaritan (car's number ended in 5010, I think). Funnily, some folks thought that it was his car that banged into the bike. :)

If any of you were present at the accident site and managed to get the number of the car that caused the accident, please post a comment here. The car was a white Maruti 800, slightly old, will have dents in the front right hand side and its right indicator/headlight might have been broken.

I forgot to get my camera along today, otherwise I would have taken a snap of the car.

No comments: