Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Latest tourist attraction at Hitech City - the Lake

Did you see it? Did you swim in it? If it rains for another day, we'll have to swim through it to get to our offices in Mindspace. This part of the road gets flooded after every shower, so I wonder why the administration has not done anything about it.

When I saw the traffic jam in the morning just before taking the u-turn opposite Cyber Gateway (to come to Mindspace), I decided against taking this route and instead went back to Whitefields, drove to Gachibowli and used new link road to approach Mindspace. The traffic jam was massive. I took the other gate into Mindspace and even that road (to Durgam Cheruvu) was water logged. I entered into Mindspace, drove to the main gate and parked my car there to see if I could help ease the jam. This is what I saw (Pic sent in by my colleague, Mehul. Click on it to enlarge the pic!)


There was nothing I could do but watch! If it rains heavily again, see if you can avoid this road. Meanwhile, happy fishing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was going through your blog and first of all you have a very clear sense of writing about all the traffic problems. COngrats and please do keep writing so that more people notice this and hopefully would change the way they drive. I have been in chennai and chennai is much smaller than hyderabad and has smaller roads than hyd, the traffic there too gets stuck and moves at snails pace but theres no headache in that. here in hyd the roads are much better and wider and yet i found it hard to drive peacefully because of NO LANE RESPECT, NO TRAFFIC SENSE etc., im a true hyderabadi at heart and would like to hopefully change that one day. so if you or anybody whom you know is starting an initiative please do let me know and im ready to lend my support.

Cheers and regards.

Krishnakanth said...

Hi.

I am also trying to do my bit by trying to improve hyd traffic. I have started a blog by name gonesense.wordpress.com, where I intend to put up photos of traffic is being violated in hyderabad. I don't believe in preaching to deaf ears. So this is a sort of flicker of traffic violations where people would show how nonsense is it to violate traffic. Idea is to create a microblogging network where people would update photos in real time about traffic violations thus spreading awareness.